Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Astounding

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 By 3 comments

Without revealing names, and without revealing details, let me just say that some people just live on "the low road." They don't just choose the low road from time to time. It's just where they live, work and conduct their daily business. One previous acquaintance, I'd estimate, lives on the Audubon of All Low Roads.

It just never ceases to amaze me at the selfish disregard with which some people treat others. The result is never favorable for the offending party, but they continue selfish and horribly vindictive behavior because, I suppose, they derive some pleasure from it.

I'll never understand it. More importantly, I'll never forget it. And when these people return, as they often do, with their hands outstretched, I just have to tell them no. I can give you nothing.

It's like when my daughter misbehaves and then asks for a present at the grocery store. The answer is a firm denial of the request.

I guess some people just never really grow out of their toddler methods of reasoning. It's too bad. They'll never enjoy the fruits of adult relationships - and in some cases, careers.

It kind of makes me sad.

But I also can't express the extreme relief I feel at being rid of them when they go. If only they didn't leave chaos in their wakes.

3 comments :

  1. yeah.

    me too

    i was having a rough day. the dog ate my Phoenix story. my car broke down. my flash drive broke and i dropped my cell phone in the toilet.....

    all before lunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a reeeeaaally crappy day. Amy Christian says, "Go back home go to sleep and start over tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete