Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, April 14, 2008

Talk about tears...

AUGUSTA, GA. - "You guys, what does Blood Sweat & Tears even sing?" I ask.
"Spinning Wheeeeel!" A.W. shrieks. "That's all I know."
I've never heard it. So I get to googling.
"Oh my god is this it?" I turn up my speakers. A.C. makes a confused face at the repeated trumpet blasts.
A.W.: "I don't think so..."
"You make meeee soooo very happyyyyyyyyyyyyy," the voice sings.
"Oh. Yeah. That's them." A.W. says.
We listen for a while.
"Man, this is lame!" I exclaim, and they laugh. I click on a slightly more poetic song title, "Sometimes in Winter."
The lameness continues. Doo-doo-doooooooooooo the trumpets blare.
"Laughing slightly you would run... Trees alone would shield us in the meadow," the voice sings.
We burst out laughing.
"Trees alone would shield us in the meadow?" I laugh. Visions of the 70s Diet Coke commercials dancing in my head. "What were they smoking?"
"I can't tell you," A.W. laughs. "But I bet there was a lot of it."
T.G.: "Hey. You guys are making fun of my favorite childhood band."
Me: "Really?"
T.G.: "No."
Me: "Thank god."
T.G.: "But I probably did have a Blood, Sweat & Tears album."
Me: "Why?"
T.G.: "It was the 70s!"
Me: "So? I grew up in the 80s but I never had an Air Supply album!"
A.W.: "Yes, you did!"
A.C.: "Busted!"
Me (laughing... did I have one?): "No! I also never had a - hey, who sang 'Sailing?'"
A.W.: "Kris Kristopherson."
Me: "I never had that, either."
But it sounds like A.W. did.

A.W. just read my blog and corrected my memory: "Actually, it was Kristopher Kross, not Kris Kristopherson."
"You're just making it worse for yourself," I said.
"Yeah, I know."

1 comments :

  1. i thought one of the defining characteristics of a meadow was that it was tree free.

    ReplyDelete