Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, April 14, 2008

I Hear the Secrets That You Keep... When You're Talking in Your Sleep

"Good lord!" Scott says loudly, shocking me out of a dead sleep. I glance at the clock. It's 4:15 a.m. on a Sunday.
"What?!" I exclaim, alarmed.
"I... (sigh)," his eyes are closed. Is he still asleep?
"What?!" I demand, impatiently. He'd better not say "nothing."
"Nothing." he heaves, punching his pillow back into place.
"Really? 'Cause you woke me up so you better tell me," I warn, thoroughly irritated.
"Look, you have to understand," he pauses for about 15 seconds. I consider smacking him in the arm. "Under the covers, there is a news story..." he pauses again.
Is he trying to get all sexy with me? Because at this point I will punch him in the nuts.
"What are you talking about?" I demand.
He opens his eyes and glares at me.
"What?" I ask.
"What are you doing?" he asks. He glances at the clock. "It is 4:18 in the morning."
I stare at him: "Are you serious?"
"What do you want?" he demands. "I was asleep!"
"Wha-?! Are you- I- Gah!" I flop over with my back to him and glare at the alarm clock. 4:19 a.m... on what may very well be the last day of my husband's life.

0 comments :

Post a Comment