Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Monkeying around at the Masters Tournament



AUGUSTA, GA. - Scott Hudson, reporter with WGAC, tells this story: "In 1992 I was working for Oldies 93.9 and our mascot was this giant inflatable gorilla. Some idiot had the bright idea to inflate the gorilla on the roof of the jewelry shop in National Hills.

"So I am up on the roof trying to get the thing tied down when a gust of wind came along and snapped one of the lines. The gorilla went airborne and took me with it.

"Luckily, a cross wind knocked it in the opposite direction and I landed back on the roof. So our Masters guests nearly had the opportunity to see me ride a giant gorilla down Washington Road."

If you have memorable stories or pictures about this year's Masters, or about Masters' past, send them to spirit@metrospirit.com.

0 comments :

Post a Comment