Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, July 16, 2007

Yep. That's home.

Augusta, Georgia's new multimilliondollar airport terminal has a roof that doesn't do what a roof should, which is to keep the elements out. Of course. I know when I spend millions of dollars of TAXPAYER MONEY, I want to hire a FIRM THAT DOES CRAPPY WORK! Please! Let's put some shitty gutters on this sucker, then we'll have to replace them. That's more money for us. While the Commission debates the issue, the roof will be ruined. We'll have to fix that, too. In the meantime, the carpet and the flooring under the carpet will mildew, mold and rot. Sweet! More work for our firm!

I should probably say something here about how I'm talking about government in general and how it fails to work. But I'm not. I'm talking very specifically about the Augusta-Richmond County Consolidated Government and how it goes about awarding contracts. So suck on that, Steve Shepard (although, you know, hi! Nothing personal, Mr. City Attorney! Please don't sue me! Love ya!)

Leaky Roof at New Terminal

0 comments :

Post a Comment