Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cracker Jack!

Ah, the privileged media. We got "media" passes to see Camper van Beethoven - I mean, Cracker - who played Augusta for the first time at The Mission. You'd think us journo-types would have better photos, but I forgot to bring my camera. Oh, I lie. I just didn't want to lug it around.

Cracker van Beethoven's David Lowery.
He can take a punch from Sandra Bernhart. That's a man right there.
But he's feeling thankful for the small things today.

This is my boyfriend Johnny Hickman. I realize (AMY) that he wasn't IN Camper van Beethoven, and I apologize for him. But we shared... a moment... while he was on stage. It was a brief but very spiritual moment. Unfortunately, Corey was there to ruin it. Every time I started to enjoy myself, he'd look at me and smirk: "Are you trying to have another moment?" No! I'm just trying to enjoy this moment. You know. The one with all the excellent music and alcohol.

Ed: "What do you mean you're leaving for Portland? Who will I go halvsies on beer with?"
Corey: (evil laugh) "How about Scott Hudson?"
Yes, Scott doesn't mind beer too much.


Two of these gorgeous ladies has had too much to drink.
Guess which two.


Ryan gives me a sexy smile. Too bad I'm married, Ryan.

Check out the guy behind Ryan. He's hoping that someone
will mistake him for any of the members of Fall Out Boy.


Ed is a credit to his profession. Thanks for the tickets, baby!


Ryan rocks out. Briefly. This is the most animated I've ever seen him.
The guy behind him is going downdown in an earlier round.
But, sugar, he's going down swinging.


Do not be alarmed. This is what Amy always looks like.


Coco is the man. We love him!


Corey looking pensive. Do not be fooled by his Ivy Leagueyness.
Moments before he was fully engaged in the Euro-Bounce Concert Boogie.


Corey and Betsy looking all cute and happy.

Some of these people have imbibed alcohol. Can you tell who?

What's missing - ED!! - is a photo of the guy up front who was rocking out by holding up a Huddle House cup o' joe. Seriously. He'd get all into a song and hold up the Styrofoam ode to heart disease like it was a cigarette lighter. Rock on, my friend. Just don't spill any on me.

Then there were a few people who are at every show, and who think that alcohol + rock music = embarrassing public displays of what can only be considered affection among dogs and chimpanzees. Get. a. room. Corey, with his usual dry with that will be greatly missed, remarked: "Well, at least he has stamina."

Finally, there was a group of guys doing the Frat Boy Funky Shuffle. It consisted of nodding their heads in time to the music, then turning to one another to scream the chorus, then high-fiving each other and going back to nodding through the rest of the song. It was kind of dumb. "I'm going to scream song lyrics in your face! Woohoo! Gimme some skin, brah! I'm so glad I'm so glad I pledged Phi Delta Stupid!"

4 comments :

  1. Corey, what are you talking about? You're IN the photos. Were you so drunk you can't remember? We did the Euro-Bounce Concert Boogie together, man; does that mean nothing to you?!

    Oh. Wait. I REALIZED THAT THIS IS JIM! YOU FAKER!

    Sorry about the freak-out, Corey. But at least I didn't throw a car seat at your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one, was happy to let Amy have some time out with her friends. I don't know what Corey's so bitter about. Maybe because he knows he'll never have fun like that in Or-ee-gon. Either that or he's confused about the Fair Tax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Corey will have lots of fun in Portland, where they will strip him of any leather articles of clothing or accessories as he steps off the plane (good thing his wallet consists of a rubber band, confiscate his cigarettes, hand him a block of tofu, roll him up in a futon mattress and bicycle him to a Food Not Bombs meeting while singing earnest folk tunes on their pawn shop guitars. We may never hear from him again.

    He's going to miss Augusta. In Portland, he will have to work to find government stories. Here, the ridiculous commission and school board just handed them to him on a silver freaking platter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quote from Friday:

    "I don't know about htat hippy shit."

    ReplyDelete