Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Clowns are Scary

Sunday, July 08, 2007 By

All week long, Emerson has been saying, "Clown gonna bitechoo! CLOWN gonna BITECHOO!" and it's been freaking me out because clowns, man... they WILL bite you. Scary mofos. I don't know why I've always hated clowns, and not just the circus variety, but also the people who dress up as holiday mascots and cartoon characters. My mother has these adorable photos of my sister and brother sitting on Santa's lap, or on the Easter Bunny's knee, and NONE of me. I wouldn't go near them. So I thought maybe that Emerson had inherited my fear of clowns in utero, or something, because to my knowledge, she's never even seen a clown.

Then while she was watching one fo the episodes of Dora the Explorer, there was a field of giant clams that she and Boots had to run through. "Clown gonna bitechoo!" She was saying "clowns" with a Southern accent: "Clayam gonna bitechoo!" Okay. We'll get her to a speech therapist right away because as much as we Georgia girls love to add extra syllables to our words, that's just not right.

0 comments :

Post a Comment