Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, July 08, 2007

All Worth It!

Sunday, July 08, 2007 By No comments

I went thrift store shopping today, and bought Emerson some gently-used clothes and a cabinet to put in her room instead of the workshop shelving we previously had in there. After we did all the rearranging and put her stuff away, I pulled out clothes.

"Emmie, I have another present for you...!" I sang.
She gasped in delight and nodded.
"Wook! A shirt, anodder shirt and a dwess!" (yes, I baby talk. Shut up about it).
Her eyes got big and she held out her arms. I gave them to her.
"Do you like it?" I asked, ridiculously seeking approval from a 2-year-old.
"I LUB it!" she exclaimed. "Dank oo mama!"
I swear, I almost teared up at the spontaneous appreciation. She clutched the clothes to her chest and hugged them. "I LUB IT!" she repeated. I moved in to give her a hug.
"NOOOO!" she shrieked. "MY DWESS! MY SHIRT!"

Ah, yes. There she is.

0 comments :

Post a Comment