Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, July 30, 2007

Totalis Uterus Controllis

So I was driving from one interview to another last Saturday when I passed a yard sale on Wrightsboro Road.

"Ooooh, what a pretty fireplace screen!" I thought, and pulled over.
"Hey, how much for it?" I asked the nice lady running the sale.
"$5," she smiled.
"I'll take it!"
And I loaded it into my trunk with a set of canisters she also had for sale for $4.

I was immensely pleased with myself.
What thrift! What style! What luck!

Wait...
We don't own a fireplace.

What lunacy!

5 comments :

  1. So, you have not only been buying SHOES you don't need but also just random stuff? I thought you were coming to the darkside with me where it is all about the shoes. -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I think it's all about the PMS. This is my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Yeah. I just noticed Scott posted that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! It was me. Scott had logged in an attempted to use this forum to make fun of me, but as we all know that I am unassailable perfection, he failed miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't believe it. I think Scott's just a thifty, loopy style maven. Which is, of course, just code for "dumb girl".

    ReplyDelete