Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, July 02, 2007

Parents of the Year

Monday, July 02, 2007 By No comments

My daughter and I were eating cereal this morning (look! Alice! It's not oatmeal, but it's close!) and I hid some yogurt raisins in her bowl. I thought it would encourage her to eat the cereal to get at more of the fruit, instead of spending the morning picking fruit out of the bowl. The yogurt raisins are white, I reasoned, and thus indistinguishable from the milk.

Well, sure. Unless you're 2-year-old unfazed by the the thought of getting dirty. She just stuck her hand right in the milk and fished around for them. Great. And then, when she had found them all, she looked down to see the cereal flakes and milk that splattered on the table.

"Goh dammid! I mate a mess!" she exclaimed. My eyes widened.
"What?!"
"Goh dammid!" she repeated, and pointed to the mess. "I nee a towuh!"

Um... at least... no, I got nothin'.

0 comments :

Post a Comment