Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I just had one question


AUGUSTA, GA. - We were trying to track down some of the owners of local arts education businesses to include them in the annual list of area opportunities, and couldn't track down Dysart Modeling. So I called Scott, my husband, because I know he has dealt with them in the past.

"What do you want to know?" he asked.
"You know, contacts, if they're still open... whatever," I replied.

He launched into a history of the company, the owner's husband's death, their move from entertainment casting to industry film casting, blah blah.

"I just need to know if they're open, honey," I said.
"Why?" I could hear his ears perk up. "What are you hearing?"

I wanted to scream: "I'm hearing that they're not open anymore!" But that wouldn't have been very nice. Finally I disentangled myself from the conversation and hung up.

"That's teach you," Amy laughed. She mimicked my reporter husband, driven crazy by the smell of a scoop like sharks are frenzied by blood in the water: "What's going on? Do I need to jump in the clown car and come down there?"

I laughed: "Yes! Rally the midgets!"

1 comments :

  1. Where'd you get the picture of exactly half of the Augusta commision?

    ReplyDelete