Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A new ruler

I am trying to figure out the appropriate phrasing for a story.
"When you say, 'raising Cain,' how would you spell Cain?" I ask A.C.
"Like Cain and Abel: C-A-I-N," she said.
"Like you're making enough noise to raise the dead?"
"I believe that's the origin of the phrase," she said.
"Hm." I muse.
She grins.
"Because it's a much less unweildy phrase than 'Raising Lazarus.'"

I abdicate my throne. She may take her rightful place at the right hand of her husband.

1 comments :

  1. Clearly, neither of you are worthy.

    Cain wasn't brought back from the dead like Lazarus. Cain was the serpent's seed, God's retribution to Eve for her fucking things up. So literally he was the spawn of Satan. So "raising Cain" means raising the devil, or creating a disturbance.

    The search for my queen continues.

    ReplyDelete