Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Good Morning!

So when I pulled up at Emerson's day care and crossed behind my car to get her out of her car seat, I noticed something on my trunk.

It was a dead baby squirrel, or cat, or something. It was grey, hairless and about the size of a small rat. I imagine it died sometime during the severe thunderstorm we had last night, and I feel sorry for it. I stopped and stared at it, overcome by a feeling of horror. I didn't want any of the children to see it, so I grabbed the closest thing I could see - a whirligig bird on a stake in a potted plant - and tried to knock it off.

It was stuck.

How on earth do you remove the corpse of a nearly fetal animal without touching it?

I'm pretty grossed out right now.

2 comments :

  1. I think you need a good balm. Or maybe a salve. Some ointment, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How on earth do you remove the corpse of a nearly fetal animal without touching it?"

    Taken out of context, that is quite possibly one of the most disgusting things I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete