Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Bad

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 By , 5 comments

I generated three whines this week, people, (THREE!!!) because I identified Blaine Prescott as the frontman for the long-defunct band DieAgnostic, or however the hell you sPeLl iT. He was the guitarist. I got that wrong.

I apologize. It happens every once in a while, because I didn't live here 20 years ago when the band was still together. I mean, not everyone lives and dies by the Soul Bar's message board - no offense, Coco and Jayson. I think it's cool. But I do have other things going on in my life.

And, also, I didn't grow up here. I came here from Atlanta, where there are so many bands that they come and go like traffic on I-75 - Except for Impotent Sea Snakes, which has existed in some incarnation or another since I was about 10 years old, and was once featured on "Jerry Springer." It was all kinds of trashy awesomeness.

But back to my point: I don't know anything about DieAgnostic (which has a myspace page - who knew bands that were no longer together still kept their myspace pages going? But it took me seven Google pages in to find it, so sue me if I didn't have all frickin' day), because I didn't major in History of Bar Music in Augusta. I majored in communications, and generally speaking, I do that pretty effectively, with spellchecking and all that fancy stuff.

I did get Blaine's employment descriptor wrong. Still, three whines on one part of one sentence? A.W. is betting it was the other three former members of the band, who apparently have over-sized egos.

"[Name redacted] asked them if they would open for this band he was in a few years ago, and they were like, 'No, that would be a step back for us to open for another band.'"

And when the drummer sets up at the show, he had a drum kit on which you could fit an entire family of narcoleptics.

"I was like, who does he think they are? Dokken?"

Dear God, let us hope they aspire to be more.

5 comments :

  1. ...about the Soul Bar message board that is, not Dokken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno. I think Dokken ... Jim... yeah, I could see them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hair's prettier...

    ReplyDelete