Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bali Hai'i

Look at this accidentally funny picture I took of the rehearsals for "South Pacific" by the Augusta Players? I was trying to shoot from the side of the Imperial Theater's stage, and the problem is that there's a giant hole known as the orchestra pit there. Plus the lights were all down and... well, I pretty much suck as a photographer. But I'm learning.

This, however, is the kind of greatness that no one can teach.


She looks like she's pooping out the sailor behind her.

Regardless of her intestinal issues, let me tell you that I met this lovely woman (whose name escapes me) who is playing Bloody Mary in the production. What a lovely voice she has! She sang through Bali Hai'i a few times, and it was prettier each time.

The Augusta Players will present "South Pacific" May 4-5 at 8 p.m., and May 6 at 3 p.m., at the Imperial Theatre. Visit augustaplayers.com, or imperialtheatre.com.

0 comments :

Post a Comment