Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, May 07, 2007

Accident Report

Every time Emerson comes in close contact with some dangerous object at her day care, like, say, marshmallows, they have to write me an accident/incident report and, of course, I freak out. Really, I think they have some desire to watch a parent have an actual heart attack right in front of them.

Sometimes it's something serious, like the time little Amare hit Emmie in the face with a plastic truck and gave her a black eye. But Friday, when I picked her up, there was yet another report in her cubbie, and not a scratch on her. "Uh-oh," I thought. "Emmie's finally fighting back."

"What did you do?" I asked her. She looked up at me worriedly.

As it turns out, she fell down. That's all. She was running on the playground and fell down, hitting her lip on a ride-on toy. There was nothing wrong with her, but the report says that the day care gave her an ice pack and T.L.C.

A section on the form asks what steps are taken to prevent re-occurrence of similar accidents. What can they do? Ban running? Gravity? Lips?

0 comments :

Post a Comment