Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Southland in the Winter

Thursday, December 24, 2009 By

Augusta, Ga. -
"Mom? Is it Chrissmass?"

"Almost. It's Christmas Eve."

She gives a gasp of delight, and then frowns: "But der's no snowflakes in da air."

"No, we don't live in a city where it's cold enough to snow."

"But do I hab skapes?"

"Skates? Yes, you have your pink ones."

"But do I hab skapes for da ice?"

"No, it's not cold enough to go ice skating."

She gives a little frown and stares out the window. After a few minutes of watching her watch the squirrels chatter in the trees, I can't tell what she's thinking.

"Whatcha doing, Doodlebug?"

"I'm finking to start ober," she answers.

"Start over what?"

"Start ober da world."

"Why?"

"Cause I don' like my city."

"Well, what city do you want to have?"

"Da city wif da snow."

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment