Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It is Not Necessary to Tell Everyone No Just Because You Can

Augusta, Ga. - I seem to have the wrong fax number, and I need to fax over a contract to a client, so I call over to the main desk.

"Hi, I'm so sorry to bother you, but may I have your fax number, please?"
"We don't accept faxes."

"Oh, no, I mean, I was trying to fax a contract to (xxx)."
"Yes, but we don't accept faxes."

"Um... ever?"
"Not from the public."

Who ISN'T the public?!

"Okay, well, I was just talking to (xxx) and she gave me the wrong number, I think."
"Yes, that's because we don't accept faxes from the public."

"No, she has a signed contract with us, and I just wanted to fax her over a copy."
"To who?"
"To (xx)"
"Oh, well, she gave you the wrong number."

(sigh)

"Yes. Could you give me the correct number?"
"I'll transfer you."

Oh, okay. I'll just ask her for the number again. Just then, I hear a high-pitched SQUEAAALL!

She transferred me to the fax machine!




0 comments :

Post a Comment