Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, March 31, 2008

Nutty Goodness

If there's one thing people should know about me, it's how much I love nuts.

No! Not that kind!

The kind that you put in your mouth.

Stop laughing, 'tards!

The kind you chew.

Well, that shut you all up with a quickness, didn't it?

So, here's what I DON'T like: horrible canned nuts that could be as old as the dirt they grew in and nobody would ever be able to tell.

People don't think of it this way, but nuts are produce. They ripen and spoil, and they should be served as fresh as possible. There's nothing worse, to me, than biting into one of those dry old crumbly things out of someone's stash of trail mix.

Thank Jebus that the people at Back to Nature agree with me. I might be weird, but I haven't actually purchased nuts in a long time - no, fellow Southerners, not even our beloved pecans. I just never know what I'm getting! But the Back to Nature trail mixes (something I love more than nuts? Nuts with dried fruit. I feel a little like a Kalahari Bushperson eating it, but that's part of the fun) are sold in the produce section. That tells me that these people are coming at their jobs from the right angle. One taste, and you'll know that they DO their jobs right, too.

Y'all, usually I think I'm lucky that I get sent product samples. But sometimes I get a sample and wish I'd never heard of a product. With this one, though, I wish I'd heard of them long ago.

Trust me, if you're a fan of nuts (and I know you are, too! STOP. LAUGHING) you'll want to give these a try.

0 comments :

Post a Comment