Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Hello to my new readers!

So the ever-so-handy Google Analytics tells me that my readership has more than doubled in the past couple of days. I don't how we got so popular, 'cause it certainly isn't from my high school classmates (Hi, Rockdale County High School, Class of 1992! Don't miss you too much!).

But, thanks very much for stopping by. Here is a quick guide:

1. This blog is not intended for children or old people. If it's any explanation, my own mother doesn't even love me enough to read my blog. "God, you'll talk about anything!" she complained one day. And she hasn't been back.

2. My husband almost never blogs. That's because he can never remember his own password. It's the same as his e-mail password, but it never occurs to him to try it.

3. That's only partially true. He doesn't blog much because he has been tragically stapled to his cell phone for two years. I call him from our home phone just to get his attention. I'm only joking a little.

4. I hate cell phones. I don't have one. I will hold out for as long as possible, but realistically I know that resistance is futile. And rather out of character. I do love technology, just not the kind that inspired rudeness in people.

5. The child who inspired this blog (which admittedly could use a redesign) is now three years old. There's a lot of blogging to read through, so have fun.

6. If you have any comments, I'd love to hear them. I'll respond as soon as I can.

7. But frequently I'm busy laughing with my snarky co-conspirators at work, A.W. and A.C. They make up what I like to think of as the Triumvirate of Testiness over in the editorial corner at the Metro Spirit. I love them almost as much as my many grey sweaters.

8. And, in fact, for my personality and lifestyle (easily defined as lacking and lazy, respectively), I may have the most perfect job on the planet as the paper's arts editor. It's an office filled with smart, funny people who have great big fuzzy hearts. I won't be giving it up for a long, long time.

9. Unless I win the lottery.

10. So I'd better start playing it, don'tcha think?

Hope to hear from you soon!

1 comments :

  1. Thanks for telling me about your blog when you came to interview my grandmother (Douglas) Thursday night. I have really enjoyed reading it. And we all enjoyed meeting you! Maura

    ReplyDelete