Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, August 03, 2007

Breakfast Schmekfast

Upon the advice of Chris, I actually went to Starbucks yesterday morning, and I don't even know what happened. It was like time and higher reasoning both ceased.

After trying to order the Turkey Bacon Bagel ("May I have the turkey bacon bagel?" "WHAT kind of bagel?" "The one with turkey bacon?" "We ain't got one wif TURKEY bacon" etc.) for about three minutes, with cars backing up behind me and no breakfast menu on the drive-through board and Emerson in the backseat shrieking, "Wha we do here? Wha we do here, Mama? Emmie get chips? EMMIE GET CHIPS?!?!?!" because she is two-years-old and obsessed with Pringles and also speaks at a volume of SPACE MADNESS... well, I gave up. I went next door to Dunkin' Donuts where I pulled up and ordered "anything you got on a bagel," and the disembodied voice said, "Okay, pull around." I got bacon and egg on a croissant, but you know what? I freaking got it, and fast. No arguments.

And I don't even like coffee. Try ordering a Diet Coke at a Starbucks and they give you a lecture about the moral quality of your beverage.

5 comments :

  1. Yep, this makes it official: I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Moon. Apple. And they'll even give you diet coke sans attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, they won't. They don't sell Coke products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And maybe an apple is enough for you, Slim Jim, but these boobs don't feed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two apples? And diet coke, diet cheerwine. Same difference.

    ReplyDelete