Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Torturing My Fellow Media Peeps

An e-mail exchange:

Me: Need to talk to Liz Hill and Brigett Williams. They’re both finalists for Metro’s Best Local TV Reporter. Also need high res photos. Can you help?!
Ed: Stacey, No problem. PLEASE reference us as NBC Augusta (and/or) NBC Augusta NEWS.
Me: I was just going to call you WJBF.
Ed: I am going to kill you now.

A short while later, Ed shows up at the office with a large cardboard box under his arm.

Ed: "To help you remember...." He takes a baby blue baseball cap out of his box and places it gently on my head. "And when you forget, you can just look here!" He shows me the back of the cap, on which is embroidered NBC Augusta with the multicolored peacock logo.
Me: "That's nice, Ed," I say. "Thanks!"
And he gives each of the department one in turn. He tries to skip our intern.
Me: "Why do you have to be a douchebag?"
Ed: "Oh, okay. Here you are, then," he ceremoniously places one upon John's head. "Well, I must be gone."
Me: "Alright, thanks, Ed... Say hi to Brad Means for me!"

1 comments :