Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, August 12, 2007

For Sale - $20 Each













So I posted these two items to craigslist, just wanting to get rid of them to make space in the house. The next morning, I had two e-mails from interested buyers, and one came to the house while I was at work.

The phone rang at my desk.

"This is Stacey. How may I help you?"

"So your craigslist guy came," my husband's amused voice came over the line, "in this broken down old hoopdie that sat so low to the ground that when he pulled into the driveway, he got stuck."

I burst into laughter. I know how much Scott hates my little re-sale enterprises. It annoys him to no end to get stuck with the collection end of things when I'm away from the house.

"What happened?!" I ask.
"I had to go get some lumber from the garage and shove the planks under his tires," he snarls while I cackle some more. "I'm wrangling a two-year-old, trying to help him get his car off the pavement, and the whole time Emmie's saying, 'He stut. He stut. He no get out.' and I'm like, 'Yeah, he's stuck alright.'"

"So what happened?"
"He got unstuck."

"Did he pay you for the shelves?" I asked.
"Hell, no. The car was too small to carry them!"

0 comments :

Post a Comment