Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Making Up Stories is More Fun Than Reading Them

Sunday, September 20, 2009 By

AUGUSTA, GA - Emmie and I will often lay in bed in the dark and make with stories for each other.

A new favorite story is called "How Emerson Got Her Bootie Back."

Emerson was walking through the woods, munching on honeysuckles and fiddleheads, and drinking wild strawberry juice, when she saw some branches that looked like fun.

Emerson climbed up the tree and swung branch to branch like a monkey. But one branch was old and crumbly, and then cracked off. And Emerson fall down fall down on her bootie.

She began to cry, and her fairie godmother heard her.

"What's wrong, Emmie?"

"I hurt my bootie!" Emmie cried.

So her fairie godmother gave a brand new solid gold bootie.

"I love it," Emmie told her fairie godmother. Her bootie was gold, and sparkling, and looked like jewelry.

Emmie walked and slowly realized that she had to go potty. So she went to the bathroom, and tried to sit on the potty, but her bootie was so heavy and so slick, that she fell off.

She scootched over, and she tried to go potty, but she didn't make a poo poo. Because the bootie wouldn't let her.

She walked some more, looking for her fairie godmother to fix her bootie, and she thought she saw her in a tree. But when she looked up, her bootie was so heavy, that she fell down.

And she began to cry again.

Her fairie godmother heard her, and came to help.

"What's wrong now, Emmie," she asked.

"My bootie's gold, but it's not working. It can't make me a poo poo. My bootie didn't let me!"

"I don't know what a poo poo is," her fairie godmother said.

"A poo poo means you gotta go potty. The food goes down to the tummy, and it goes to your lergit, and then it goes to your body that makes the poo poo in the toilet. Then you feel better."

"Oh!" said the fairie godmother. "I didn't know! Fairies don't go to the potty. We're magic. Well, what kind of bootie do you like?"

"I want my old bootie back, but I want it to have decorations and flowers."

"So it shall be," said the fairie godmother, and waved her hands in a beautiful swirly pattern.

Blllirrring! Emmie's bootie was back to normal, plus it had beautiful flowers painted all over it.

"Thanks, fairie godmother!" She said, and headed to the bathroom.

The End.

0 comments :

Post a Comment