Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Avett Brothers to Play Westobou Festival in Augusta, Ga

"What did you think of the headline?" A.C. asks.

"What headline?" I ask, on the way to the ladies' room.

"I'm not going to tell you!" A.C. chides me, motioning towards the creative director's desk.

"Now I gotta walk all the way over - oh, yeah, I like that. 'Headline.' That's a great idea," I hold up a copy of the proof sheet with two of the four members of The Avett Brothers on the cover. It's the first draft, with the specs still printed on it. "And this subhead! 'Subhead should be 20 point blah blah blah...' Yeah. I think that will really draw people in."

"Shut up!" she laughs.

"So what's the headline?"

"The Other Avett Brothers."

"Oh," I say, nothing getting it (until I just now typed this. Oops. I think it should have been "The Avett Brothers From Another Mother." Har!). "The actual brothers wouldn't talk to you?"

"No; I talked to them last time," she glared.

A.W. laughed: "Stacey would have interviewed all four and written 600 stories about it by now!"

A.C. grinned: "And e-mailed the entire office about it."

And posted it on my blog. And Facebook. And Twitter...

0 comments :

Post a Comment