Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Emmie Tells a Story About the Zoo


AUGUSTA, GA. - "I love you because you're my best friend. I love Granny very much. But Nona I love you too. You can bofe come to my birfday party all the time.

Dees my favorite theends from da zoo:
My horsies. Elephants. Milk da cow. Uh, see the goats. Playing wif you on the da playground. Climbing. Merry-go-round. Being wif you. Feeding da animals. Seeing da deers (we didn't see any deer). I liked feeding da goat. And I like being wif you, because you're my bes frien. Aaand... dat's it. Dee end. I'm all done. Wait! Did we see da zebras?"

Me: "No, we didn't see any zebras yesterday."

Emmie: "Uh-oh. Next time we gonna see da zebras! Dey goeend to miss me!"

Just a quick note: You notice that she said, three times, that being "wif" me was one of her favorite things. I think that's a lesson for me... maybe for all moms. We could have been picking up trash on the side of the road, and she'd have been happy to be with me. I'm happy to take that realization to heart, and to implement it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment