Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bathroom Humor

Saturday, September 26, 2009 By

AUGUSTA, GA - Scott's taking care of Emerson while I'm flailing around in the bed with frickin swine flu. At the moment, she's in the bath tub - and has been for a while.

"Hey, Emmie," he calls. "Five more minutes."

"Ten more minutes!" she calls back, and I hear her giggle.

"FIVE more minutes," he says.

"Ten!" she calls back again.

"Five!"

This goes on for the remainder of her bath time, and he pulls her out and wraps her in a towel, laying her on the bed. Wet. Thanks, baby. She's poking him and bopping his head and laughing her head off the whole time.

"I swear, you're asking for a spanking," he grins.

"No, we don't spank," I laugh.

"Yeah! We don't spank!" Emmie chimes in. "Jus' try it!"

I burst into laughter, which only encourages the behavior.

"Try it!" she guffaws, as Scott grins and towels her off.

"She's taunting you!" I giggle.

"We don' spank," she laughs again.

"We might start," he chuckles, wryly.

"NO! Dat's bad!" she shrieks with laughter.

There's no way that she thinks we'll start spanking. She doesn't misbehave a lot in the first place, and in the second place, we don't use that as a parenting technique. Not that I'm telling other people what to do with their kids, but that's not our choice.

We're all still laughing when she pops up with her legs flying.

"Try it!" she shriek-laughs, ready to defend herself.

"I think she could take you, honey," I snicker.

He enfolds her in a hug that she, laughingly, returns. It's a sweet moment, one of humor that showcases her security and her personality.

I won't forget it.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment