Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, September 07, 2009

Growth Spurt

Monday, September 07, 2009 By

Emmie's wearing a romper that my mom bought her about two months ago, and as we tromp into the convenience store for junk, I see her pulling at it.

"What up, doodle?"
"Iss goeend up my butt," she laughed.

This girl is growing so fast, it's like CGI. One minute she's crying because the bathroom is dark, and the next, she's flipping on the light herself.

But her legs are growing the fastest. She's got these long, gazelle legs. It's like watching a newborn baby donkey - or a spider.

"Hey, Emmie, how do you feel about getting taller?" I ask.

"Good," she says, through a mouthful of "spicy nemannems." (Sour Skittles)

You wanna know how my wallet feels? Not good. Because a 4T is too small, but a 5T hardly exists, and a 6 swallows her whole.

"Some people are big, smaller, and smaller. Some people are still not growing up. But I gonna be tall like you, mama!" she says, brightly.

And at this rate, she'll get there sometime in November!


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment