Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Maybe I Already Have a Head Injury, and That's My Problem

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 By

God. One of those days. Can't do anything right. Can't get anyone else to do anything right. Phone calls unreturned. E-mails unread. Appointments stood up. Work product not returned. I was so angry by the end of the day that if I'd been offered a job sweeping sidewalks, as long as the money was close to what I was making in my last position, I'd have jumped at it.

But there are things beyond my control. I can't single-handedly fix a broken system. I can't change an ingrained culture.

All I control is my own behavior. And that's certainly not always perfect. So I'm working on that. But it would be much easier if sometimes "the system" would meet me halfway. (sigh)

So anyone have any advice? Besides unendingly repeating the damn serenity prayer to myself like a crazy person? I need some advice on how to control my own reactions to situations that thoroughly piss me off - admittedly (just ask my husband), I'm not very good at controlling my temper. But I'm at a point where I'm wishing for a head injury just so I could sleep for a couple of weeks.

0 comments :

Post a Comment