Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Cookie Monster

I took Emmie with me to pick up Amber's cake from A Piece of Cake on Washington Road. We weren't even hardly in the door when the fabulous ladies - Jean and her crew - began cooing over Emerson.

"Do you want to make a cookie?" Jean asked her.
"Uh-huh!" Emmie squealed.

Jean led her around the counter into the kitchen, sat her down at a table and placed a sugar cookie in front of her. Carefully, she guided Emmie's hand in making pink roses, green petals, and the letters of her name in blue.

"I mate a cookie!" Emmie shrieked, delightedly.
"How much do I owe you?" I grinned at Jean. In three minutes, she'd brought my child from grumpy post-preschooler to a state of happiness that fairly chimed in the air around her.
"Nothing," she said. "I want kids to remember this place when they grow up."

I know one who will.

Emmie shows off her gooey creation.

NOM!

0 comments :

Post a Comment