Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, July 30, 2010

I Thought She'd Been Watching 'Miami Vice'

Friday, July 30, 2010 By

We're in the car, coming back from the park. Emerson and Zequan are in the back seat, playing action figures, and pretending to be "bampires."

"Hey, man, do you know where I can buy some coke?" Emmie asks, through plastic fangs.

"No, dude."

My head spins around so fast that it keeps going, and I have to wait until it stops to be able to observe them.

"Well, I really need some coke," Emmie's action figure complains.

"Um, Em?" I ask, cheerfully cautious. "Whatcha playing?"

"We're playing bampire store," she answers.

"Aaaaannnnd... you're looking for some coke?" I ask.

"OH!" she facepalms herself. "I meant DIET Coke!"

In that case, pick me up a two-liter.



0 comments :

Post a Comment