Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Diaper? I hardly know 'er!

Thursday, October 04, 2007 By 1 comment

I am so lucky to have an awesome sister who actually WANTS to step in and do things like change diapers to help when we're running around like lunatics trying to go somewhere. So this Sunday, when we were getting ready to go to Islands of Adventure, she got Emerson ready to hang out with the grandparents at Epcot Center.

While I was tying my shoes, Emmie started whining and begging to be held.
"What's the matter, sweetheart?" I asked her, and she buried her face in my chest.
"Ehhhhhh," she moaned softly.
"Do you want to see Nona and Opa today?" I asked her.
"Nooooooooo!" she whined.
I cuddled her some more and considered skipping the big-girl Incredible Hulk roller coaster for the tamer educational fare of - hell, what do they even have at Epcot? France? Hulk v. France? That's my choice? Seems kind of a non-issue.

"Oh. My. God," I heard my sister say.
"What?" I asked her. I ran through a mental list of necessities I had brought for unexpected emergencies. First Aid kit, check. Feminine hygiene products, check. Assortment of vials from the medicine cabinet, check check check.

But Kelli was staring in horror at something in her hand. She sprinted to the bathroom. What's in her hand? A booger? An eye?
"OH MY GOD!" she shrieked.
"What?!" I shrieked, now thoroughly freaked.
She held up a tube of Clearasil.
"You can use that," I said. Geez! Vain much?

"NO!" she said. "I think I grabbed this instead of diaper cream."
I stared at her for a minute and we both dove for the Velcro on Emmie's diaper.
Yes. She had definitely put the Clearasil on the baby.

It was nothing a little soap and water and ACTUAL DIAPER CREAM couldn't fix in a few minutes, which is about how long the acne cream was on Emmie's little lady-parts. But Kelli felt awful all day.

"Don't tell anyone!" she ordered.
"I won't."

However, she never said I couldn't tell where she used the diaper cream in the first place.
But I wouldn't do that to her.

1 comments :

  1. That whole episode was really funny, but I did feel bad for Kelly...I hope she is not scarred.Scott

    ReplyDelete