Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, October 26, 2007

Metro's Best Party, 2007

Photos from the Metro Spirit's Metro's Best Awards Party, 2007.


(L-R) Shishir Chokshi, Jay Jacobs and Metro's Best Creative Director for the Metro Spirit Even Though She's a Traitor and Leaving for California Betsy Hartman-Everest. Shishir tells us what he thinks of Jay's award for Metro's Best Visual Artist.



One of these things is not like other...



What you hear is not a test I'm rappin' to the beat
and me, the groove, and my friends a
re gonna try to move your feet.


Tom, hangin' with his musical mentor from
Them Concrete Boyz, Metro's Best Rap or Hip Hop Act.



Zombie attack!
Soon they will hunt for brains.


Coco Rubio: I am a god among Powerpoint presentations!


Erin: I am at yer party... stealin' yer gift bags!


I beat out Alice for the Metro's Best Boobies award.
Although at the moment, I can't remember how. Yowza!


Blonds Erika and Angel have more fun!
Sitting at a table... looking at a list...



It was odd... when these two women left, no blood remained in the room.


Someone fell down at Amber Carlson's Metro's Best Legs in Town.


Andy Jordan: How do you ride this thing?


Oops! I accidentally mixed in a photo from the Country Music Awards.
Circa 1989.



Delta Delta Delta can I help ya help ya help ya?!


Honorary MC for the evening: Donald Sutherland!


Metro's Best Photographer nominee Duane Brown (right)
and two guys I don't know from Adam. Duane's brother, Bill,
was nominated as Metro's Best Place to Pimp Your Ride for his work
with Flying Colors. Neither won, but that don't mean they ain't the coolest.



The Edison Project: these guys clearly employ four totally different stylists.


The best part is that it was a dry party.
No drunken foolishness with which to contend.


No sirree. No alcohol.


Who had too much to drink? Not me! I'm just very happy!
I'm very happy that someone stole my neck, and I think it was Hershey's!

4 comments :

  1. Stacey, i've got to apologize......i believe that i may've walked right by you on the way in without realizing it was you......having never met you in person was the culprit.....dammit.....missed oppurtunity to talk there.....

    anyway, thanks to THE SPIRIT for the invite.......we enjoyed the party........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, you crack me up... the "1982 hair" dancing ladies was one of the highlights of my evening... That and seeing my one of my drunk ladies spill a drink on someone, then proceed to lick it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously...Tthere needs to be a "Metro's Best Dick" category next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to wonder what jim's comment is supposed to mean......

    ReplyDelete