Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Morning Awesomeness

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 By No comments

I'm driving Emerson to school this morning, and I've handed her a Diego book to occupy her while I negotiate the suicide mission that is driving down Furys Ferry Road. I swear to god that Wavy Gravy tried to run me over this morning in a big ol' rusty pickup truck. He needs to hit the pipe before he hurts someone.

Anyhoodle...

From the back seat I hear Emmie's voice.
"Das a 'D', mama," she says.
"Mmhmm..."
"Das a 'D,' a 'O,' a 'R'.... an' a... was dat?"
I glance back.
"That's an 'A,' sweetheart."
"Yeah, das a 'A.'"
"What does that spell?" I ask.
"Dassay 'D O R A,'" she answers.
"Mmmhmm. That spells Dora," I say.
She giggles in delight.
"YeaaaaAH! Dasspell DORA!" She hugs the book to herself and cackles.
She spells the word over and over the rest of the ride.
"D-O-R-A!" "D-O-R-A!" "Dasspell Dora!" "YYAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHA!"

0 comments :

Post a Comment