Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Monday, October 08, 2007

Emerson at Disney

Monday, October 08, 2007 By No comments

Scott's parents took Emerson with them to Epcot Center and let us have a day of roller coasters and other things that fling you through the air. In the midst of it, they took her to have lunch with the Disney princesses.

Had I not known that, I'd have thought they'd taken her to a drag queen review. These women were dressed horribly. They're overly made, wearing the fakest wigs I've ever seen, and some of them - like Jasmine, not pictured here - are half-naked.


These aren't really the kinds of influences I want Emerson to have.


Nor am I a big fan of "Gone With the Wind" as child-rearing material.


This is a little more like it - she looks like she's having fun, and she's dressed in a normal way. Okay, sort of like a pillowcase in this shot, but it's mostly that the detail can't be seen from this far away.


This is a REALLY good photo. She's smiling and cute and looks genuinely happy. I love this photo. But it still feels like it's not quite her. It's staged by someone else with clothes they picked out and she's posing in the way they dictate. I'm not saying that this can't be one aspect of her two-year-old personality - she loves being in front of the camera.

But when you compare the previous photos with the one below, a photo she recently took of herself, I think you can see the differences that I see.

0 comments :

Post a Comment