Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, February 08, 2007

What a Great Response!

I love writing about art. Every story I write has the potential to help a starving artist to eat a little better. At least, that's what I tell myself; but I rarely see evidence of that. Until today. This story I wrote featured Broadstrokes Gallery's Share Your Heart With Art event tonight from 5-8 p.m. It's about how art is a gift more precious than jewelry. It was schmaltz, a poorly disguised plea for people to appreciate our local arts community and to support them financially. But, apparently, it worked. Owner Lillie Morris called to tell me that someone she had once worked with called and said, "Pick out something of yours that's red and here's my credit card number." I am so happy for Lillie. And, to be honest, that is the most wonderful thing that can happen to a journalist: to have a positive response from an article you have written. I hope that everyone resoinds to the many pleas to support the arts community this way. Let's face it: money makes the potter's wheel go 'round.

Here are some of the beautiful pieces at Lillie's gallery - of course, a photograph of a painting does it no justice:




0 comments :

Post a Comment