Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'll Tell You What I Want (what I really, really want)

Augusta, GA - I cannot find my Converses this morning, but I don't want to wear sensible loafers yet again today. Perusing my sad little shoe collection - why do I even own anything in brown? I never wear them - which consists of two pairs of loafers and a passle of heels that I never, ever wear because my feet shriek in protest, I see the Skechers I bought for $15 about 10 years ago at the JC Penney outlet in Atlanta. Oh, yes, I think. I am about to look super cool. Everyone will be dazzled by my innate sense of style and beg me for fashion tips. Prepare to be astounded, fellow employees!

I walk into work, and the first person to notice them is the copy editor, A.W.
"Hey, 1992 called and they want their shoes back," she laughed. "Are you actually joining the Spice Girls?"

Hmmm. I think I can go home and change at lunch.

2 comments :

  1. Wanna borrow my wallet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a Chinese Fighting Wallet.

    ReplyDelete