Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, February 09, 2007

Batting 100 today.

Yes, sports fans, I meant 100, not 1000. It's been a nutty day already.

First, this morning, as I was rushing through my shower, I knocked myself over. I didn't slip and fall. I was washing my face frantically, because I had to get the baby into school early, when somehow I hooked my finger up my nose and knocked myself over onto my ass in the bathtub. I laid there for a few seconds, amazed, while the showerhead poured water down onto my face. Then, uninjured, I just got back up and finished the shower. But I have a little soreness in my tushy right now.



Then, as I was driving to work, I continued my coughing that I've enjoyed for about a month now. Up came a lovely glob of mucus, and me without my hanky! Heaven forbid. So I slowed the car to a crawl, opened the driver's side door, and hocked it onto the pavement. Except that I missed. I missed the ground. What is it that Douglas Adams said? Learning to fly is just learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss? Anyway, my loogee didn't fly. I splatted onto the car door. Awesome. I had to scrape it off with the outside of a billing envelope.

0 comments :

Post a Comment