Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mongo Smash


I was working in the Metro Spirit offices from about 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. on Sunday. I can't say exactly when the vandalism occurred, but some genius smashed in my back passenger window, damaged the bottom of both doors on the driver's side, rifled through my glove compartment and popped the trunk to get at my satchelww bag, which contained both my digital camera and the Metro Spirit's digital camera. They also took my wallet, my electric toothbrush, and a bag from Target that contained a new set of underwear. So, I guess we should be on the lookout for a lingerie-clad gentleman with shiny white teeth, carrying a lovely big purse and snapping a vast array of photos. If that's the case, it won't be long before they catch him.

Look, the replacement window is going is be $150, and the cameras will be at least $500 to replace. We worked hard to be able to buy our used 1999 Dodge Stratus, if that tells you anything about our tax bracket. The vandals didn't hit some Hill-billy. They hit working class folks. It isn't right. This hits our pocketbook pretty hard. Or it would. If I had one. But it seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, maybe this is the excuse I need to convince my husband to let me buy the kind of camera that I've been wanting. It would be worth the investment. I could do well with a Sony Mavica (see above photo, honey! Thanks!), but there are others that are nicer: This one, This one, Or this one.

0 comments :

Post a Comment