Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Why Story Telling is an Important Part of Culture

Saturday, July 04, 2009 By

Emmie wants to watch TV, but we're visiting with our family. I tell her if she'll tell each person in the room a story, then she can watch TV until we go to the pool (in about 10 minutes). She grins, and does it. But I wonder about the significance of the stories she tells to each of us.

She runs over to Opa: "When you was a little boy, I saw your doggie. He was sweet. What was his name?" His name was Pierre. He was a French poodle.

She runs over to Nona: "When you was a little girl, I see your kitty cat. What was his name?" Her name was Angel.

She goes to Scott: "When you was a little boy, I see your bad doggie. He bite me on da on da on da shoulder. " Oh, no, what did you do? "I kick his butt! And he was hurt. But den I gib him a bandaid, and he was happy wif me!"

She come to me: "When you was a little girl, I saw a rainbow. It was beautiful! It likes you. And it tickles me on my neck all da time!"


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment