Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Beaches of Hilton Head Island Invaded on July Fourth by Swarms of Jellyfish - or, one that simply targeted my family

Saturday, July 04, 2009 By

Emmie was the first to get stung. Then Scott, and finally me.

I'm such a dork, I was like, "Cool! I've never been stung by a jellyfish before!"

When Emmie got stung, I freaked out, because I didn't know why she was screaming. She just freaked out and screamed, "Sumpin BITE me!" Of course, I thought: "Shark!"

I grabbed her - float + all - and ran through the water hollering for Scott like a fishmonger's wife, stepped in a hole, almost broke my ankle, fell down, tore my knee open on something in the sand, got back up and kept running - never dropped Emmie.

The lifeguard was more than just mildly amused as she treated Emmie with her spray bottle of vinegar.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment