Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Take Note, Alannis Morisette: This is Irony

"University Medical Associates - how may I help you?" a distant female voice asks.
"Yes, I'd like to speak to the billing department, please," I answer.
"I'm sorry, but you've reached the answering service," she says.

"Oh, well, may I leave them a message?" I ask.
"No. You'll have to call back during business hours."
"... I'm sorry - What?"
"Call back during business hours, please."

"... Um... I can't leave a message with the answering service?" I ask.
"No, ma'am."
"Then... what do you do?" I ask, thoroughly confused. Did I call the wrong number, maybe? "Is this the answering service for University Medical Associates?"
"Yes, but this line is for emergencies."
"But... isn't that what 9-1-1 is for?" I ask.

*Click*
She hung up on me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment