Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Amber Alert

Amber Carlson (heeeelll, yes, I called you out) and I are conversing out of our car windows at each other like the domesticated suburbanites we are (really, you could replace everything we said with "moo" and it would be just as accurate).

I had only just coaxed Emmie into the car, and I was trying to get everything done before the Dinosaur Jr show tonight. I'd been teasing Amber about her slackness in not going, but she's breast feeding. No fun for her for a while.

"Hey, Emmie," Amber says, with a sneaky grin on her face. "Your mommy is going to a dinosaur show tonight."

"No!" I point at her as Emmie turns to look at me quizzically.

"You should ask her if you can go, too," she finishes, and pulls off, laughing in unison with her oldest daughter.

"You're going straight to hell, Amber!" I shout after her... and turn to deal with a VERY excited pre-schooler.

0 comments :

Post a Comment