Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Girly Walk, Interrupted

So I ran by Augusta Prep to pick up some paperwork, and once I got there realized that I had absolutely no idea where to pick it up.

"That's okay, I thought. "I'll just ask in this random office. Everyone is so nice here!"

And suddenly I was on my face in the foyer.

After a stunned second, I leapt to my feet and realized that I had completely missed the step up into the entrance.

Brushing my palms and the knees of my trousers, I darted from that (thankfully) deserted foyer into the nearest office.

The woman behind the desk smiled warmly.

"Did you see that?" I giggled.

"Oh, no. You didn't fall did you?" She asked, eyeing my pants for injuries.

"Spectacularly!" I laughed.

"Are you hurt?" she asked.

"Just my ego," I quipped. I couldn't stop chuckling. How ridiculous I must have looked!

"I'm so sorry!" She said, with obvious concern.

"Hey, I'm just sorry you missed it!" I laughed. "It was maybe the best fall ever!"

And I limped back to my car, trying desperately to hold my head up... while keeping my eyes on the ground!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment