Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Friday, April 17, 2009

Bookstore Brouhaha

We've been at Borders for a couple of hours, now, and the pile of books we've gathered is now slipping out of our hands (damn you, Borders, and your $3.99 sale). The two younger children have devolved into turning flips and racing each other down the aisles. It's definitely time to go.

"Okay, troops, line up!" I call, marching my legs. Like magic, they fall in behind me, marching in rhythm. Wow. That's a first. "Fall out!"

We march through the bookstore, winding without reason around display shelves, until we reach the counter and get in line: "Halt!"

I'm so proud of myself for getting my little soldiers organized. They are standing neatly in line, quietly anticipating the purchase of their new toys - uh, I mean, books. Of course we bought them books... My daughter is grinning at me and when I look over, she gives me a salute: "Aye-aye, Captain!"

Dang Skippy, I think.

"Ma'am?" The clerk calls, waving to get my attention. "Um, you might want to march your troops over to the other end because that's where the line starts."

Oh.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments :

Post a Comment