Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kid's Say the Most Accurate Things

"So what would you like for dinner, sweetheart?" I asked Emmie as we neared the strip of fast-food places on Walton Way. I know, I know: fast food. But I'm sorry: when I work 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., I'm just not in a cooking mood.

"Um, I wan... I wan... peanut butter jelly! No, no. I wan chicken nugget!" she squealed.

"Okay, I - "

"An I wan appews and da brown stuff dat... dat... da brown stuff dat taste like good..." she tried to explain.

"Caramel sauce?" I asked.

"YES!" she screamed. "CAMEL SAUCE!"

I sniggered behind my hand. "Okay. Chicken nuggets, apples, and camel sauce."

I flipped on my blinker to turn towards McDonald's. I saw her brow furrowed as she sat in the back seat.

"Mama?" she whispered in a fearful rasp.

"What, sweetie?"

"Dey not eat da camels, right?" she squawked.

I laughed. "No, honey. CAR-A-MEL sauce. Not CAMEL sauce."

"OoooOOOh," she said, with a laugh and a shake of her curls. "Cawamamel sauce. We not eat camels!"

"No," I laughed, as she burst into giggles.

"Das gon be YUCK!"

0 comments :

Post a Comment