Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 6 of Scott's Hospitalization

6:59 a.m. - Not a great night or morning, but could be worse. He's still very agitated but maxed out on his sedation. They may order a paralytic.

9:45 a.m. - Now the big turd is running a fever. Really - does he have to create more drama? Someone nominate him for a Razzie.

10:07 a.m. - Funny: Scott's sister Vivian just got a call from her secretary saying that their law office is on fire. She's going back 2 ATL to deal with it

12:26 p.m. - His fever is higher now, along with his blood pressure - and his agitation. Dr. Brennan has decided against a paralytic for now. Seem counter-intuitive to anyone else?

12:31 p.m. - They'll probably go w/ a peripheral inserted central catheter (PICC line). That indicates he'll B here a while.

12:34 p.m. - Monsanto sent a nice snack bag - thanks!

2:22 p.m. - His fever is up again - 38.9 C / whatever F - so they gave him 650 mg of Tylenol.

2:33 p.m. - Um... Weird ideas about supernatural methods of healing being tossed around right now.

2:38 p.m. - Armchair q-backing/ diagnosing from non-med peeps. Everything from Lyme disease to - heck, probably demon possession.

3:34 p.m. - Just saw his chest x-rays for today. Some visible improvement, even just since yesterday.

5:09 p.m. - Ran home to shower and feed the dog. I swear I just saw la chupacabra on Kissingbower Road... I think I need more sleep.

6:01 p.m. - New theory from reputable source @ CDC. Will follow up & report back... If I ever see a doctor...

6:48 p.m. - Chris' law firm just delivered a huge UGA cooler full of snacks - very cute!

10:09 p.m. - I was all telephoned out after 5 days, so I took a break for a few hours. I'll return calls in the morning. X-ray improved from Tues. Organs holding steady. Fever down some. Less agitation. Hoping for a quiet night.

10:22 p.m. - I expected faster turnaround. Silly, naive me. If he's out of the hospital before Halloween, I'll count my blessings.

10:28 p.m. - Nights are so quiet and tense here. Geez someone tell a joke.

10:29 p.m. - Remind me later 2 write a piece about the waiting room caste system.

10:35 p.m. - "How long you been here?" "Five days." (scoff) "That's nothing. We've been here five YEARS." Way 2 keep up morale, people.

0 comments :

Post a Comment