Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 5 of Scott's Hospitalization

12:18 am. - He's well enough for a feeding tube now; And the nurse tells me his kidneys seem 2 B working a little better.

12:22 a.m. - This thing hit so fast, so hard... He was less than 5 minutes from death on Sat night. His nurses saved his life. I am so grateful.

1:12 a.m. - He seems 2 be restful now. I'm going 2 try 2 sleep. Ahh, vinyl chair, my old friend...

2:23 a.m. - He's biting his breathing tube. They're going 2 have 2 put a bite block on him.

2:44 a.m. - Alarms going off. I'm freaking.

2:48 a.m. - Turns out nothing wrong. They removed his monitors while they bathed/changed him, & switched tubes & electrodes.

9:42 a.m. - Spoke with Dr. Brennan. Scott's x-rays show the sponginess seems to have reduced by 1/3. Good news.

9:46 a.m. - His kidney function has not improved measureably, but at least it is no longer declining. Still waiting for a lot of test results.

3:02 p.m. - Emmie @ home tonight for the 1st time in 4 days. She's w/ my sis. She's been w/ Scott's bro. She'll go to Atl. w my family for the weekend. Her two young cousins will keep her mind off the situation.

3:55 p.m. - Drama from one family member. Note to world: asserting your desires over others' in this situation is not appreciated.

4:17 p.m. - He just opened his eyes for a sec to look @ his sister, Vivian. That brought happy tears to her eyes.

9:35 p.m. - His platelets are back down to 27,000, so the nurses are bagging up some more for him. Snack time!

9:40 p.m. - Hard to be away from Emerson. My sis says E. stops mid-play & whines that she misses us. I need to be here for now. Emerson is the only thing that can take my attention from Scott, and he needs me to be his advocate while he can't protect himself.

10:40 p.m. - Nurses warning us that noise, touch, & conversation agitates him. We R trying 2 keep the room dark & quiet so he will rest.

10:55 p.m. - Stuck my finger in his mouth 2 try 2 get him 2 stop gnawing his breathing tube & he chomped my finger. Swear I saw him smile a little.

0 comments :

Post a Comment