Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Four More Years!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 By

AUGUSTA, GA. - "Happy Anniversary!" I chirped to Scott when he emerged, red-eyed and yawning, from our boudoir. He grinned and smooched me.

"Four years down," I joked. "Four more years! Four more years!"

He smirked sleepily. I'd been up and had my caffeine. He wasn't ready for me yet.

"Hey," I continued, oblivious. "We got married in an election year. It's election year again."

He nodded groggily - dare I say wearily?

"Maybe we should run for re-election every four years, too."

He peered at me, considering how best to kill me without getting caught. The coffee defense - would it work? Caffeine is a drug. Drug users aren't always held accountable for their actions.

"What's your platform going to be? I have to know before I can vote for you," I nattered, as his fight-or-flight instinct kicked in and he chose to flee.

"I'll have to think about it," he mumbled, as he headed toward the back porch.

"Okay," I sang. "But it's a tough economy. Nothing's guaranteed."

slam!

0 comments :

Post a Comment