Re-launched, but still slightly under construction. :-)

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Wins and Losses

Scott found out today that WGAC swept the GABBY Awards. Out of the 10 awards they were up for, they won all 10, including station of the year for the 7th year in a row. Scott won a Merit Award on top of all that, so we're really proud. It makes up for him having to witness that execution last night in Columbia.

However, to show what a dork I'll always be regardless of how well we're doing: the phone rang a little while ago.

"Hello?" I answered. There were what sounded like cars and someone fumbling for something. But no one answered.

"Hello?" I tried again. More of the same. I figured someone had accidentally dialed a number while the phone was in their pants and they were driving.

"Hellooooooo, is it me you're looking foooooooor?" I launched into Lionel Richie.

"Hello?" a voice responded. Ahhhh! I scrambled for somewhere to hide before realizing that they couldn't see me. "Is Scott there?"

"Uh. Uh. Uh.... No, he just left."

"This is Commissioner Joe Jackson..."

(sigh) Of course it is.

0 comments :

Post a Comment